The Modern Language Lab is looking for qualified individuals to work as part-time Modern Language Tutor (College Assistant) in the Modern Language Lab (B-206) in Spring 2023. The Modern Language Tutor should have working-level knowledge in a language other than English (such as Spanish). The pay rate is $15.61 per hour. This job is for an on-campus position (international students with an F-1 visa is eligible to apply).
The job responsibilities include:
- Conduct in-person and/or online lab lessons for modern language classes, following instructions by the professor
- Provide in-person and/or online individual and small-group tutoring on the target language
- Submit weekly lab reports and tutoring reports
- Submit the final lab report at the end of the semester
Applicants should have
- fluency in English and a language other than English (especially in Arabic, ASL, French, or Japanese for Spring 2023).
- familiarity with basic linguistic terms (such as parts of speech [noun, verb, adjective], subject vs. object etc.)
- ability to explain basic grammar rules of the target language
- maturity and an ability to follow detailed written instructions
- familiarity with online conferencing programs (e.g., Zoom, Google Meet, MS Team etc.)
Each tutor works 4 – 12 hours per week, depending on the tutor’s and class schedule. The pay rate is $15.61 per hour and the salary range for this position is $15.61-$22.47.
Those interested should e-mail resume to Julio Rosario email@example.com or stop by the Modern Language Lab in B-206.